The Information We Collect
The Chamber collects aggregate data (total numbers of those visiting the Site) from web server traffic reports. These reports also provide data such as length of stay on the Site and which pages are visited most frequently, without identifying individual users. By collecting this information, we are able to develop a web site that will be most useful to users. Information on general traffic, Site usage and length of stay is collected and stored in files, and this information is shared externally only on an aggregated, not on an individual basis.
The only personal information we collect from the Site is that which is voluntarily provided to us. This information may be requested if a visitor fills out a form, registers for an event, completes a survey, requests information, subscribes to our e-mail newsletters, submits Business Connect requests, community calendar entries, job bank listings, pays an invoice on-line, or completes our website membership application form. We may collect information such as the following: name, company, address, telephone number, e-mail address, subject of inquiry or data to be posted, and payment information, such as credit card information (for event registrations and invoice payments).
The Chamber’s Site links to websites that are created and maintained by other organizations and not under our control. These links are provided as a service to our visitors, but we do not endorse any other organization’s programs, products or services. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for the accuracy or quality of other website content. You acknowledge that we have no control or responsibility for other organization’s privacy policies. We recommend that you read other organizations privacy policies to which the Site links prior to providing any personal information on their websites. For more information about linking, please read our Linking Policy.
The Chamber is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and strives to protect personal information and to enable secure online transactions by preventing unauthorized access, maintaining data accuracy and ensuring correct use of information. Although no website can guarantee complete invulnerability to all security breaches, The Chamber and its third party vendors have implemented electronic, physical and administrative safeguards that ensure the highest possible level of security.
How We Use Information
The Chamber does not rent, sell or trade any personal identification information to third parties except as outlined in the Membership and Publication Requests section below. Personal information knowingly provided to The Chamber may be used in the following ways.
- Membership Listings and E-mail: When someone joins The Chamber, they are listed on the Site in the Business Directory area. Information published may include company name, address, phone number, fax number, business category, business description (as provided by the member), year joined, as well as a link to the member’s website, a web form to send e-mail (to the e-mail address provided by the member), a link to a location map, and an indicator of investment level (if appropriate). If you do not wish this information to be listed on our Site, you may select these options upon creating your account profile. Additionally, you may us email your request to email@example.com or call our Chamber Office at (817)232-0050.
- Area News and Promotions: The Chamber sends our e-mail newsletters and other e-mail notices. Members are included in this subscription list. Visitors to our Site are also able to subscribe. These subscription lists are never shared with other organizations; however, The Chamber may, on occasion, send an e-mail notice for an affiliated organization. If you decide you no longer wish to receive The Chamber’s e-mail newsletters/notices, simply follow the instructions on unsubscribing that are included at the bottom of each e-mail. You may also contact our staff by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (817)232-0050, for assistance.
- Email Requests and Questions: In responding to your email questions or requests, The Chamber may save your email address.
Your Options as a Member
You may restrict sharing of your personal information and limit our communication with you by requesting one or more of the following from our Membership Department:
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me by postal mail. Do not contact me by telephone.
For more information on any desired restrictions, contact us at email@example.com.
With Your Permission
When you visit the Site, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Although we will post any changes to this policy before their implementation, we need not inform you of any changes.
Updated: December 2017